Based in Berlin, Germany
PC / Consoles
Curious Expedition 2 is the follow-up to the popular expedition simulation, which was selected by Rock, Paper, Shotgun as “Best Roguelike Game of 2016”. Featuring a brand new art style, improved gameplay and vastly expanded content, this sequel aims to provide hours of unique adventures to existing and new fans alike.
Maschinen-Mensch is a Berlin-based independent game studio founded by two AAA developers who left the mainstream industry to experiment with new forms of generative storytelling. Their debut title, The Curious Expedition came out in Steam Early Access on May 2015 and was continuously expanded with over 30 major content and feature updates (each documented with a video on their YouTube channel). The game reached version 1.0 in September 2016. In March 2017, the "Arctic Expanse" free DLC was released. Curious Expedition has sold more than 170,000 copies to date and will be released on consoles in 2019, in partnership with Thunderful, which will also be responsible for publishing Curious Expedition 2.
- Experience a new HD graphic novel art style and behold the most detailed and colorful look into our curious world of wonders yet.
- Join the legendary Explorer Clubs in their worldwide struggle for fame and glory. Increase your rank and uncover the secret benefits of these powerful societies.
- Enjoy deeper travel and combat mechanics that offer opportunities to express your personal play style.
- Witness the next era of procedural generation that will provide you with unique endless stories and characters, coming alive through their diverse personalities and relationship features.
- For the first time, compete against your friends and the rest of the world with the new multiplayer features.
- Coming to multiple platforms for the best experience possible, no matter how you prefer to play!
Reveal Teaser YouTube
Logo & Icon
There are currently no logos or icons available for The Curious Expedition 2. Check back later for more or contact us for specific requests!
Request Press Copy
We are afraid this developer has not upgraded their presskit() to use distribute(). For security purposes, this form has been disabled.
Maschinen-Mensch is a Berlin-based independent game studio founded by two AAA developers who left the mainstream industry to experiment with new forms of generative storytelling and create innovative games.
More information on Maschinen-Mensch, our logo & relevant media are available here.
The Curious Expedition 2 Credits
CEO, Technical Director, Game Designer
CEO, Art Director, Game Designer
Composer / Sound Designer
Artist and Animator
Additional Graphics Programming