Hello! We’re Maschinen-Mensch, an independent game studio founded in 2014 in Berlin, Germany. You might know us from titles such as Curious Expedition 1 & 2 and, of course, our project management tool Codecks.
We are currently working on a new game IP set in imaginative caves of an alien world, filled with peculiar creatures & vegetation. For that we are looking for a talented and passionate UI artist to join our team and work on our upcoming game with us. We are a small and agile team and you will be working together with the Creative Director, Art Director, and QA Tester in a creative environment to create stunning and intuitive user interfaces that enhance the gameplay experience and reflect the artistic vision of this imaginative project.
- Create concept art, wireframes, mockups, and assets for the game UI
- Implement the UI elements in Unreal
- Collaborate with other artists, designers, and programmers to ensure the UI is consistent and integrated with the game art style and mechanics
- Test and iterate on the UI based on feedback and user testing and work closely with the QA Tester to ensure the UI meets the user needs and expectations
- You have previously worked on UI for games and you have a portfolio of your work that demonstrates your skills and creativity
- Proficiency in graphic design software and tools such as Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe After Effects, Adobe XD and Miro
- Knowledge of UI design principles and best practices such as layout, typography, color theory, usability, and accessibility
- Familiarity with Unreal Engine 5
- A passion for games and an eye for detail
- Able to adjust to new requirements and processes when required, experience working in an iterative, agile environment
- Able to visually communicate your ideas and assimilate constructive feedback
- Be proactive and self-motivated toward solving creative problems, and work without direct supervision
- Ability to work independently and meet deadlines
- Fluent in English
Nice to have:
- Experience with Signed Distance Fields in game development is a plus
What we offer:
- A relaxed, family-friendly working environment
- Being part of a small, diverse, international team
- Competitive salary
- 25 days paid yearly vacation
- The opportunity to work on a brand new game from an early stage
Although working remotely is possible, we’re looking for someone based in Germany, and who’s able to work and be available online during our core hours of operation 10am to 5pm CEST. If you’re based in Berlin (or willing to relocate) that’s definitely a plus, so that we can eventually work together in person. Our studio is located at Saftladen, an indie game collective and co-working space for game developers that we co-founded in 2015.
We particularly encourage applications from women, people with disabilities, people of colour, and other groups that are underrepresented throughout the game industry.
Earliest start date: December 2023
If you are interested in working with us, send your CV and links to examples of your work to email@example.comJob ad published on November 6th, 2023. As long as this page is online it means we're still accepting applications!