Curious Expedition RIVALS is an experimental new take on a F2P massively multiplayer game. In a constant global struggle players are exploring a shared world to find a single, hidden pyramid. Roguelike elements are mixed with massively multiplayer to create a brand new and punishingly hard gameplay experience.
Curious Expedition RIVALS is a new massive multiplayer variant of Rock, Paper Shotgun’s best roguelike of 2016, Curious Expedition.
- Explore worlds that are up to 10,000 times larger than in the original game.
- Discover new regions and have your name and portrait remembered for all other players to see.
- Hidden away in a massive world is a single golden pyramid. Will you be the explorer to discover it first?
- Acquire prestigious badges with every golden pyramid you discover.
- Equip your trek with over 90 Expedition Crates to customize your playstyle and experiment with different strategies.
- The adventurer who first finds the hidden pyramid will go down in the ongoing history of RIVALS and start the countdown to a completely new, procedural world.
Let's Play Steinwallen (German) — YouTube
Let's Play 김나성 (Korean) — YouTube
Logo & Icon
- Maschinen-Mensch is a Berlin-based independent game studio founded by two AAA developers who left the mainstream industry to experiment with new forms of generative storytelling and create innovative games.
- More information
- More information on Maschinen-Mensch, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Curious Expedition RIVALS Credits
- Isaac Ashdown
- Riad Djemili
- Programming and Design
- Johannes Kristmann
- Art and Design
- Octavi Navarro
- Artist, Freelancer